The Knowledge of the Holy


Life experiences can skew our perception of God, and if we want to lead the vital, abundant life Jesus came to give us, we need 20/20 vision about who God is. This book, more than any other book I’ve read, illuminated God’s character to me. Had I read The Knowledge of the Holy at the beginning of my Christian walk, I could have avoided the crises of faith that have battered me over the past 30 years.

The Knowledge of the Holy by A.W. Tozer is rated a Christian classic. The book begins with “Why We Must Think Rightly About God.” Other chapters include “The Self-existence of God,” “The Justice of God,” and “The Love of God.” Chapters that brought revelation to my faith were “The Immutability of God” and “The Sovereignty of God.” The book is a mere 117 pages long, but don’t try to read it in one sitting. You’ll want to ruminate on Tozer’s words and give them time to permeate your very being.

Whether you are new to the Christian walk or not, The Knowledge of the Holy offers a biblically focused perspective of God’s character essential for believers to live the abundant life Jesus promised in John 10:10.

Debra L. Butterfield © 2012 

No comments:

Post a Comment