The Good Shepherd


God has a tender heart toward us. He loves us with an unfailing love (Jeremiah 31:3). He cares about what happens to us and, in Bible times, communicated that in terms of the shepherd and the sheep. “For this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I myself will search and find my sheep. … I will feed them on the mountains of Israel and by the rivers and in all the places where people live. Yes, I will give them good pastureland on the high hills of Israel. There they will lie down in pleasant places and feed in the lush pastures of the hills. I myself will tend my sheep and give them a place to lie down in peace, says the Sovereign LORD. I will search for my lost ones who strayed away, and I will bring them safely home again. I will bandage the injured and strengthen the weak” (Ezekiel 34:11, 13b-16b). God is the Good Shepherd. (John 10:11-14). He will take care of you.

Photograph by M. Reed Butterfield © 2010. Used with permission.
Debra L. Butterfield © 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment