God Candy - An Answer

God delivered a whole box of chocolate-covered cherries today. The first email I read today was from my daughter. She wanted to encourage me about today's Internet radio interview about my book. She brought tears of joy to my eyes. It should be me encouraging her as she struggles to maintain a 4.0 GPA, pay the bills and take care of her 7-year-old son.

Fifteen years ago our relationship lay in ruins, like shards from a broken window, due to my husband's sexual abuse of her. God took those shards and put them back together to create a beautiful stained-glass window. What Satan meant to destroy us God used for good. My daughter is studying to become a doctor of psychology and intends to counsel girls who have been sexually abused. I have written a book for mothers of abuse victims and publish a magazine dedicated to encouraging those whose lives have been damaged by abuse.

Romans 8:28 "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them."

A quote from a Christmas gift my daughter received last night said, "Dreams have no expiration date." God will work in your life to make something beautiful from tragedy. ©2009 Debra L. Butterfield

1 comment:

  1. Hey Deb, just listened to your interview on www.theChristianAuthorsShow.com. It was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete