Outward Appearance

A recent tidbit I heard on the radio stated that if given a choice of giving up their make-up or their boyfriend, an overwhelming majority of women would give up their boyfriend! An additional item stated that some 67 percent of men would dump their girlfriend if she gained too much weight.

Do you find that shocking? The apostle Paul probably wouldn’t. Here’s what he had to say in 2 Timothy 3:2, “For people will love only themselves and their money.”

Are the majority of Americans more concerned with how they look rather than the condition of their character? The above survey would lead one to believe they are. What do you think? How would you respond to a woman or man who chooses image over relationship? A few curse words might be your first response, but cussing aside, let's discuss this! Leave your comments below. 

Debra L. Butterfield © 2011 

2 comments:

  1. Personally, if they were close to me, I would remind them of the value of people besides looks and material things, I would tell them what it says in scripture and then leave the decision to them.
    I personally am going through every area of my life at the moment and asking myself is this above the Lord in my life? or do I put more value on this than I do those around me?
    However I only arrived at that point having really getting stuck in the Word.

    I think it's a sad day we live in that a survey has that result, wow!

    How much is this world crying out for Christ x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. C.
    Thank you for your comments. I would agree that you have the right approach in reminding people of their value. And yes, it is very sad to hear survey results like this.

    Keep us posted on how you are doing with your personal evaluation. The Holy Spirit is usually the one asking those questions in my life. It is so easy to let other things get in the way of our relationship with God. Our walk truly must be a walk of faith.

    ReplyDelete