Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. Deuteronomy 6:5,7
Excitement’s in the air! Anticipation rises. It’s that time of year when the kids go back to school.
Who can forget watching your child go to "big school" for the first time? I remember those bittersweet moments as each of my four children kissed me good-bye. I always knew that day would arrive, but nothing prepared me for the moment.
Elementary school seemed to fly by and almost overnight they were in junior high and then high school. And in a blink of an eye, they were off to college. Where did the years go?
I learned early on that when my children were away from home, praying for them comforted me. By turning them over to God I experienced a calm peace. Year after year my prayers intensified, yet remained the same…
- Elementary School – Will he make a friend? Will he eat all his lunch, or just the cookies and chips? God help him to love You with all his heart.
- Junior/Senior High –Will he make the right friends? Is he paying attention to the teacher? God, help him love You with all his soul.
- College - Will he make some forever friends? Is he making the right life decisions? God, help him to love You with all his strength.
- To pray over our children no matter where they are in life.
- To be on our knees for those God entrusted to us.
- To ultimately pray for each child to love Jesus with all his heart, soul, and mind!
- Finally, to let them know we are praying for them each day! What a blessing it is to pray for our children.